Negative Spaces Of The Abdomen
In order to achieve optimal high definition liposuction results of the abdomen, Dr. Mowlavi skillfully micro etches areas that require high definition contouring. Sculpting the body with micro etching requires an artistic eye and trained hands. By performing comprehensive liposuction of all layers of the fat within the Negative Spaces, patients can expect very defined abdominal definition that has not been possible previously.
Contouring of the male abdomen
- There is a large area between the lateral border of the pectoralis major muscle and the medial border of the latissimus dorsi muscle that can be successfully defined.
- There is a small triangular area over the rib cage between the pectoralis muscle and above the upper rectus muscle that can be defined.
- The area between the lateral border of the upper rectus muscle and external oblique muscles that is one of the most important areas to define when considering high definition lipo.
- An area between the lower rectus and the external oblique muscles just below area 3 above which completes the lower extension of the semi-lunaris line (this line extends from the rib cage down to the pubic region.
- The sub-oblique triangle provides definition between the lower external oblique muscles and the iliac bone; this area of definition is best observed when the torso is twisted against the pelis.
- Areas termed transverse inscriptions of the rectus muscle, which are oriented horizontally and create the “six pack”.
- The midline vertical line that extends from the belly button up to the rib cage; this definition is created over a ligament called the linea alba.
Negative Spaces of the Arms
In order to achieve high definition liposuction results of the arms, Dr. Mowlavi analyzes and contours several regions which include:
- the anterior and posterior deltoid line
- the biceps and triceps convexities
- the anterior and posterior axillary fullness
- lower arm fullness, often referred to as bat wings.
With the use of the VASER system it is now possible to contour all of these regions, thereby providing optimial results. The VASER system provides significant advantages over traditional liposuction methods including:
- micro-etching in the superficial plane so that definition can be obtained between the deltoids and biceps when observed from the front as well as between the deltoids and triceps when observed from the front.
- skin tightening of the lower arm region which is often plagued by not only excess fat but also excess skin. Skin tightening is induced by the ultrasound effect of the VASER titanium tips.
In summary, successful high definition liposuction results can be quite dramatic but requires a surgeon who possesses an intimate knowledge of human anatomy, expert surgical precision and an artistic eye. Almost everyone is a candidate for VASER Liposuction, as long as they have fat accumulation in unwanted areas. Patients who are closer to their ideal body weight will obtain the best muscle definition results. For more information and to determine if you are a good candidate for this specialized procedure, please schedule a consultation with Dr. Mowlavi, Orange County’s top VASER Liposuction Surgeon.