VASER LipoSculpture of the Male Body
Liposuction: It’s Not Just For Women!
Historically, women have been more conscientious about their appearance then men and have also been the pioneers of most cosmetic procedures. Take your local gym, for instance, you may find the spin and yoga classes mostly filled with ladies, while the weight area has a high number of men. Why is that? Even though not all men are concerned about their overall physical health, almost all of them would say that they desire six-pack abs and muscular arms. Well, the fact is that liposuction isn’t only for women and it can help them to achieve the body of their dreams.
In the past, getting defined six pack abs or arms has not been possible through traditional liposuction methods. This is because in order to create muscle definition, layers of fat (superficial and deep layers) need to be removed with a more comprehensive fat removal method. Luckily, with recent Vaser technology breakthroughs, your surgeon can finally “etch” and “liposculpt” your body to reveal the underlying muscle contours.
VASER High-Definition Liposuction is a minimally invasive body-contouring procedure that uses ultrasound technology to melt fat. It can be used to eliminate unwanted fat deposits from many areas of the body, including: the chest, back, abdomen, love handles and thighs. Vaser Lipo is an advanced body sculpting technique that can the remove fat surrounding the muscles to create an athletic appearance, making muscles look much more defined or “ripped.” By using precision contouring, your surgeon can help you to finally achieve the toned, muscular look you’ve always wanted.
In terms of contouring, there are very strategic areas of the body that require micro etching and an artistic eye which have been termed “Negative Spaces” by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, an internationally renowned plastic and reconstructive surgeon. By performing comprehensive liposuction of all layers of fat in these “negative spaces,” patients can expect amazing definition that has not been previously possible through traditional liposuction.
Hi Def LipoSculpture of the Chest
In order to achieve high definition contouring of the male chest, Dr. Mowlavi utilizes a two step approach during surgery. First, he strategically removes the breast mammary tissues which create the dreaded, “the man boobs.” This surgery requires both liposuction of the extra fat over the breast, as well as, direct excision of a firmer disc of tissue right under the nipple and areola. This firm disc like tissue is actually the male version of female mammary glands and these tissues cannot be removed with liposuction alone.
The second component of chest contouring includes the LipoSculpting of very strategic areas or, “Negative Spaces” that will create the necessary contrasts to give a sculpted, high definition look.
For patients desiring more definition of their chest wall we have to appreciate their muscular and bony anatomy. The major muscle groups include the pectoralis muscle, which creates the bulk of chest fullness, the latisimus muscle and the serratus anterior muscles.
The latissimus muscle creates the most lateral border creating a shield like border which is bordered medially by a Negative Space, called the Pectoralis – latissimus triangle which is an area over the rib cartilages and serratus anterior interdigitations. Two smaller triangular Negative Spaces can also be appreciated just below the pectoralis muscle, termed the interpetoral rhomboid triangel (centrally) and subpectoral triangle (laterally). These areas along with the costal cartilages form the armor plate definition border of the pectoralis line.
Hi Def LipoSculpture of the Abdomen
In order to achieve “ripped” six-pack abs, Dr. Mowlavi skillfully micro etches the areas that require high definition contouring. Sculpting the body with micro etching requires an artistic eye and trained hands. By performing comprehensive liposuction of all layers of the fat within the Negative Spaces, patients can expect very defined abdominal definition that has not been possible previously.
- Ther large area between the lateral border of the pectoralis major muscle and the medial border of the latissimus dorsi muscle can be defined.
- The small triangular area over the rib cage between the pectoralis muscle and above the upper rectus muscle can be defined.
- The area between the lateral border of the upper rectus muscle and external oblique muscles is one of the most important areas to define.
- The area between the lower rectus and the external oblique muscles which completes the lower extension of the semi-lunaris line (this line extends from the rib cage down to the pubic region).
- The sub-oblique triangle creates definition between the lower external oblique muscles and the iliac bone. This area is most noticeable when the torso is twisted.
- The horixontal areas termed transverse inscriptions of the rectus muscle which create the “six-pack.”
- The vertical line that extends from the belly button up to the rib cage. Definition can be created over a ligament called the linea alba.
Hi Def LipoSculpture of the Arms
In order to achieve vascular arms, Dr. Mowlavi analyzes and contours several regions of the arms, including:
- the anterior and posterior deltoid line
- the biceps and triceps convexities
- the anterior and posterior axillary fullness
- lower arm fullness, often referred to as bat wings.
With the use of Vaser technology it is now possible to contour all of these regions, thereby providing optimal results. The Vaser system provides significant advantages over traditional liposuction methods, including:
- micro-etching in the superficial plane so that definition can be obtained between the deltoids and biceps when observed from the front as well as between the deltoids and triceps when observed from the front.
- skin tightening of the lower arm region which is often plagued by not only excess fat but also excess skin. Skin tightening is induced by the ultrasound effect of the VASER titanium tips.
In summary, successful high definition liposuction results can be quite dramatic but requires a surgeon who possesses expert anatomy knowledge, surgical precision and an artistic eye. Almost anyone with fat accumulation in unwanted areas can be a candidate for Vaser Liposuction. But, patients who are closer to their ideal body weight will obtain the best results and muscle definition. To determine if you are a good candidate for this specialized procedure, please schedule a free consultation with Orange County’s top Vaser Liposuction Surgeon, Dr. Mowlavi.
SEE ALSO: Is VASER “high-definition” liposuction right for me?