Once you’ve decided to have buttock augmentation surgery and consulted with your surgeon, the next step is to choose your implant type. Butt implants are used when a patient does not have enough body fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift (fat transfer). Picking the right style of implant is important not only for aesthetic purposes, but also to prevent future complications. Many patients seek our guidance and ask whether they should choose round or oval shaped implants. There is no one “best” implant for everyone because the right choice depends on each patient’s body shape and desired result. Here are some of the pros and cons of both:
- Round implants:
- are ideal because they reduce the risk for implant rotation.
- are well suited for patients who are young and active because they will not rotate or cause future deformities.
- provide lateral fullness giving the buttocks a very nice round, full shape and sought after “bubble butt” appearance.
- Oval implants:
- can offer a more subtle, natural shape
- don’t provide as much width and fullness as round implants.
- pose a slight risk of rotating and causing future deformities.
During your initial consultation, an exact measurement of the buttock cheeks is needed in order to determine the diameter of implant that will fit and provide the best look and projection. Talk to your plastic surgeon, show pictures of what you are trying to achieve and they will be able to guide you in what implant is best. There are three brands of implants currently available on the market and in our office:
Dr. Mowlavi can personally work with you to determine which shape will best suit your body. His attention to detail and artistic eye will ensure that your procedure is performed flawlessly and with the best outcome and result that you desire. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your options for buttocks enhancement.